Flamingo and Stripes
Learn lots of techniques on this cute cake! Includes step by step pictures showing how to make the flamingo topper, the large double looped bow, the fondant stripe effect, and using edible paint and gold lustre dust for the final touches.
- Modelling a lightweight flamingo topper from modeling chocolate and styrofoam
- Making the large double looped bow using the supplied templates and modeling chocolate
- Painting the flamingo and hearts
- Applying gold lustre to cut out hearts
- Applying alternating stripes to the cake
- A full tools list (check the gallery for a preview)
- Close up photos – 72 steps in total
- Links to a modeling chocolate recipe Sharon uses and other troubleshooting resources
Rating: Suitable for beginners who know how to set up and cover a cake in fondant, as this technique is not included. If you need to learn about setting up, covering cakes and stacking them, check out The Basics Bible or one of my cake decorating books.
A download link will be sent to you through a separate automatic email once payment has been completed. Please check your spam folder before contacting us. The link will never expire but we recommend saving the file to your computer or device to ensure you can always access it with no delay. You can also find the link under your downloads on your account details page when logged in. If you are experiencing any other issues or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to save 40% on this tutorial and others? Get it as part of the bundle!
Check out our Figurine Tutorial Bundle here for more details.
Australia: FLAT RATE $8.25 (or FREE on orders over $80).
International: Shipping prices are based on weight. You will see before you pay.