Bunny Cake and Buttercream Flower Crown Tutorial
Those that know me well or have visited my house know that I am obsessed with bunnies. Like, seriously obsessed! I have bunny figurines everywhere and even a real live one that hangs out with me in the front office 🙂
So I thought I’d create a fun and simple cake design for Easter (or any occasion really!) that you can easily put together during the craziness of family gatherings, or a fast design you can mass produce and offer your clients (and make a profit from ;)).
The whole covering and decorating of this design took me just under an hour and I was fiddling with the video camera too – so in real time it would have actually been less. Hence, this is very achievable for you too!
I hope you enjoy the video below! If you make one, make sure you share the pictures with me 🙂
Details of items used and links to find them are below.
Piping tips and sprinkles used:
- Mondo Kitchen Buttercream (you can use any type of buttercream as long as it hardens when placed in the fridge)
- If you need a buttercream recipe, check out my cake recipe calculator
If you want a furry bunny instead, check out what Kathie made below! He’s covered in dried coconut instead of fondant.
Additional resource and tips:
- The templates are available though my online store here.
- To store the cake, keep it in a cool air conditioned room. After arranging, the buttercream does not need to go back into the fridge. If you are worried, you can always arrange the buttercream flower crown just before delivery/serving.
- Make sure you add tylose or cmc to the fondant when creating the ears.
- Our smoothers have sharp edges to help you get super sharp edges – so make sure before using them you smooth out the fondant with acetate and season the smoother with a light coat of corn starch/ icing sugar so they don’t stick to the fondant. Also, only place pressure on the side of the smoother that is along the edge of the cake and not along the whole smoother.
- To learn how to set up a cake with ganache or buttercream, check out the video below.